DIRECTIONS TO THE BEEHIVE HOTEL
VIA MARGHERA 8, ROME ITALY
TEL: +39 0644704553 INFO@THE-BEEHIVE.COM
From Fiumicino (Leonardo da Vinci) Airport (by train):
1. Follow signs to trains. Buy a ticket at the platform, the easiest way is by using the self-service machines which accept credit cards as well as cash, in euro. These machines are multi-lingual. Tickets cost €14. Be sure to validate your tickets at the machines located at the beginning of the platform or you risk being given a fine - not the best way to start your Roman holiday.
2. The airport train (Leonardo Express) departs every :08 and :38 minutes past the hour. Board the Leonardo Express heading toward Termini station (Stazione Termini) and get off at final stop (Termini). It is about a 30 minute ride form the airport to Termini and there are no other stops.
3. The train arrives at Track 24. Upon exiting the train, walk down the platform towards the main gallery (where retails shops, newstands, etc are located) - do not take any other exits or steps or escalators. It will be a few minutes walk from Track 24 to the main exit you need.
4. With the train tracks behind you, take the main exit to your right and once you reach there, cross the street. With Termini behind you, that street is via Marghera - our street. We are located a straight shot from that exit, just 2 blocks away on the corner of via dei Mille and via Marghera at via Marghera, 8 on the left side of the street. Please note that the numbers on our side of the street do not correspond with the numbers on the other side of the street.
5. On the corner of via dei Mille and via Marghera, there is a yellow wall and a silver door on the via Marghera side of the wall. You must ring at the buzzer on the right hand side of the door to be let in.
6. Please note that The Beehive's sign is not very big and sits flush against the wall so does not stick out on the side - the sign is about 20 x 30cm (8 x 12in). It has a white background with dark blue and yellow lettering. It is located underneath the #8. There is a light that shines on it at night.
7. For detailed information including photographs on how to reach us from Termini train station, please take a look at this post from our blog at: http://the-beehive.posterous.com/from-termini-to-the-beehive-step-by-step
From Ciampino Airport (by shuttle bus - no train service):
1. Outside the airport is a shuttle bus run by Terravision. Tickets cost approx. €4 each way. More information can be found at http://www.terravision.eu
2. The last stop on the shuttle bus is on the Via Marsala side of Termini train station.
3. Please follow directions starting at #4 above.
1. As of 1 October 2006, taxi service from Fiumicino and Ciampino airports to Rome's center is now set at a flat rate of €40 from Fiumicino and €30 from Ciampino. If you would like a private airport pick-up, we do work with a car service and price depends on number of people and time of arrival. For more information, please send us an e-mail. If you would like a car or shuttle to the airport for your departure, we can arrange it at our reception.
Walking from Termini Train Station (2 blocks, about a 5 minute walk from the exit of the station):
1. See instructions from Fiumicino airport by Train above.
For a complete route map with tolls and approximate times, check www.viamichelin.com or www.maps.google.com We do not have parking facilities. For information on nearby parking garages, please contact us by e-mail.