Directions to The Beehive Hostel
THE BEEHIVE HOSTEL
VIA MARGHERA 8, ROME ITALY
TEL: +39 0644704553 INFO@THE-BEEHIVE.COM
*Do not follow Google maps from inside Termini station as Google sometimes does not recognize that you can walk through the station so it can take people on a much longer route to reach us.
** If you or anyone in your group has mobility issues, consider contacting Sala Blu which can offer assistance in airports or train stations. fsitaliane.it/content/fsitaliane/en/sustainability/commitment-to-people/accessibility.html
From Fiumicino Airport (FCO) by train
(there is no train service from Ciampino CIA airport)
1. Follow signs to trains. Buy a ticket at the platform using the red self-service machines that say Trenitalia. These machines are multi-lingual and accept credit cards as well as cash, in euro. Ticket costs €14. Be sure to validate your ticket at the machines located at the beginning of the platform or you risk being given a fine - not the best way to start your Roman holiday.
2. The airport train (Leonardo Express) is a direct train that departs every :08 :23 :38 and :53 minutes past the hour (times suggest to change). Board the Leonardo Express heading toward Termini station (Stazione Termini) and get off at final stop (Termini). It is about a 30-minute journey from the airport to Termini and there are no other stops. The last train of the day is at 11:23pm/23:23.
3. The train usually arrives at Track 24. Upon exiting the train, walk down the platform towards the main gallery (large open space where retails shops, newsstands, etc are located) - do not take any other exits or steps or escalators. It will be a few minutes walk from Track 24 to the main exit you need. If you've arrived on a farther track, it will take longer.
4. With the train tracks behind you, once you arrive at the main gallery where more shops are, turn right towards the Via Marsala exit and once out of the station cross the street. With Termini behind you, that street is via Marghera - our street. We are located a straight shot from that exit, just 2 blocks away on the corner of via dei Mille and via Marghera at via Marghera, 8 on the left side of the street. Please note that the numbers on our side of the street do not correspond with the numbers on the other side of the street.
5. Follow the green! On the corner of via dei Mille and via Marghera, there is a yellow wall and lots of greenery and trees, that's us! There's a silver door on the via Marghera side of the wall. You must push the round buzzer with the bell symbol on the right-hand side of the door to be let in. We do not have set reception hours so need to know in advance your time of arrival We cannot accept arrivals after 21:00/9pm.
6. There are two Beehive signs, but they are not very big and are not neon signs. One of the signs is located underneath the #8 and a light shines on it at night.
7. For detailed information including photographs on how to reach us from Termini train station, please take a look at this post on our blog.
From Fiumicino Airport (FCO) or Ciampino Airport (CIA) by airport shuttle bus:
1. Outside the airport are various shuttle buses, but we recommend Sitbusshuttle. Tickets generally start at €6 one way. More information can be found at http://www.sitbusshuttle.com
2. Last stop is at Termini train station, but the exact location is subject to change. Check the websites above for up to date information.
3. Note that only Sitbushuttle drops off on our side of the station and therefore it's a close walk to reach us. Other airport shuttle bus drop off on the other side of the station from us on via Giolitti, which is a 10 minute walk to reach us. You will need to walk first about 5 minutes to the main gallery and then walk through the opposite side of the gallery following directions starting at #4 above, but rather than behind you, the train tracks/platforms will all be located to the right.
4. If the airport shuttle bus drops off on our side of the station at Via Marsala, then you can follow the directions also from #4 above, but you would be turning left onto Via Marghera.
5. If you decide to take the airport shuttle bus back to the airport at departure, please note that the pick-up point is on our side of the station at Via Marsala.
By City Taxi or Private Car Service:
1. Taxi service from Fiumicino (FCO) and Ciampino (CIA) airports to Rome's center is set at a flat rate of €48 from Fiumicino and €30 from Ciampino. However, there is some dispute as to whether our address is inside or outside the area covered by this fixed price, and taxi drivers are notorious for finding ways to overcharge people especially from Ciampino airport.
2. City taxis are white and have the number of their taxi cooperative on the side and a sign on the outside front doors that says "Roma Capitale" and the fixed airport rates listed above. Our preferred taxi coop is 3570. However, city taxis all queue up at the taxi rank and take passengers in an order. An official taxi driver will not come up to you in a queue or once you exit baggage claim and ask if you want a taxi.
3. The Uber app in Rome only applies to Uber Black which is private car service hires called NCC. They are more expensive than regular Uber which is prohibited in Rome. A better app to download would be Free Now which is the former "My Taxi" app.
4. If you would like a private airport pick-up, we do work with a car service and price depends on the number of people and time of arrival. The car service we use has rates starting at €50 flat rate for 1-3 people + €5 supplement for very late or very early arrivals. For more information or to reserve, please send us an e-mail. If you would like the car service for your departure, please reserve at reception at least 48 hours in advance.
Arriving from other cities into Termini Train Station:
1. If you arrive in Rome from another city and not from FCO airport, walk into the main gallery where all the shops are and take the exit to the right - via Marsala exit which is closest to track 1 and cross the street.
2. Note that many of the regional trains especially from Florence, often arrive at track 1 Est or 2 Est. These tracks are at the back of track 1 and far from the main gallery, about a 10 minute walk. If you arrive at Tracks 1 Est or 2 Est and are heading towards the main part of the station, ignore the first sign you see that directs you to Via Marsala and instead go all the way to the main gallery and then turn right.
3. With Termini now behind you, that street is via Marghera - our street. We are located a straight shot from that exit, just 2 blocks away on the corner of via dei Mille and via Marghera at via Marghera, 8 on the left side of the street. Please note that the numbers on our side of the street do not correspond with the numbers on the other side of the street.
4. Follow the green! On the corner of via dei Mille and via Marghera, there is a yellow wall and lots of greenery and trees, that's us! There's a silver door on the via Marghera side of the wall. You must push the round buzzer on the right-hand side of the door to be let in. We do not have set reception hours and our latest check-in time is 21:00/9pm.
5. There are two Beehive signs, but they are not very big and are not neon signs. One of the signs is located underneath the #8 and a light shines on it at night.
6. For detailed information including photographs on how to reach us from Termini train station, please take a look at this post on our blog.
For a complete route map with tolls and approximate times, check viamichelin.com or maps.google.com Please note that we do not have parking facilities. For information on nearby parking garages, please contact us by e-mail.